Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What I've Been Up To

So, what have I been up to, writing-wise? A lot.

First, I've kept sending out queries for "Trout Kill": Peter Miller Agency, queries@pmalitfilm.com ; Prospect Agency,  http://www.prospectagency.com/ ; John Hawkins and Associates; reiss@jhalit.com (A same-day rejection! Very efficient!); Irene Goodman Lit. Agency, queries@irenegoodman.com  ; and Donald Mass Lit. Agency, cmcclure@maassagency.com

Second, "TK" has been edited and revised. I feel good about where it is. Thank you so much, Debra! I am so grateful for all your help. And Tin House Books in Portland has request to see the entire manuscript. That makes two publishers who will read it. Ooligan Press, also located in Portland, is the other.

Third, I've revised an old short story to submit to the Kay Snow Writing Contest. We'll see ....

Fourth, I've begun a critique group, 3 guys so far (Shawn, Sean and me). We're looking for a fourth, preferably a woman. We've met once, mostly a get-to-know-you session, but with some great discussion, too. We're all working on novels, or maybe Sean's is a memoir. Great fun, and am already looking forward to our next meeting.

And finally, I've begun the second novel in my trilogy. It's time to cut my emotional ties to "TK" and focus on "TR" (Trout Run). So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment