Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wow! It's been a couple of years since my last blog post. Oh, well. Not to fill you in on what's been going on .... No, I won't do that. Let's look forward. So, what I'm doing now is contacting my old students from Canby High. What a trip! They remember me, or at least most of them do. Those who may have unkind memories have, thus far, been gracious enough to not share them on Facebook. Those comments that have come my way have been positive. Influence can be a scary thing. I hope I wielded mine in the English classroom in a way that helped shape good brains and hearts. I was lucky to have had the privilege to teach hundreds of such brains and hearts. If I could go back and teach all those years again, all those students again, I'd try to be ... what? Hell, I don't know. Maybe I'd be incapable of changing anything, especially if my mindset were filled with trepidation about "influence." Maybe I'd be indecisive like Prufrock: Do I dare to eat a peach?

No comments:

Post a Comment